Wincantons' Premier Outdoor Recreational Facility
The structure of the newly formed Management Committee is as follows:
Chairman of WSGMC Ltd:
Val Barker - Bookings & Pavillion Supervisor
Sport Development Officer: TBA
Val Barker - Operations
Diane Watson - Health and Safety
Rik Elvidge-User Group Representative
1. THE SPORTS GROUND is private property owned by Wincanton Recreational Trust, a registered “Charity”, and managed by Wincanton Sports Ground Management Co Ltd (WSGMC Ltd), a limited company with charitable objectives.
2. RIGHTS OF WAY – there are no “Rights of Way” at the Sports Ground.
3. ALL persons using the Sports Ground do so at their own risk.
4. MEMBERS of the public are given access between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily - or at such other times as the main gate is open. When the gate is open later than 5 p.m. a notice will indicate closure time. Children under 15 years must be supervised by an adult, or have their parents' or guardians' consent to use the Sports Ground. The WSGMC Ltd is not able to accept responsibility for supervising unaccompanied children.
5. VEHICLES (including motor cycles and pedal cycles)
(a) may only use the main entrance from Moor Lane to the car park;
(b) must observe a 10 m.p.h. speed limit;
(c) all vehicles park at owner’s risk.
(a) Dogs must be under full control of the owner (responsible adult) and kept on a lead at all times.
(b) Dogs must not be exercised on any playing area, and must keep to the designated paths.
(d) Poop-scoops must be used to clear all fouling and disposed of in bins, or removed from the site.
NO kite flying.
NO driving golf balls.
NO tree climbing.
NO swimming or paddling in pond or any water course.
NO fires or barbecues.
NO throwing of balls or other items within 10m of overhead cables.
ALL persons must keep at least 10m away from such cables.
NO improper use of equipment.
NO entry to areas being developed.
8. FOOTPATHS must be used.
9. PITCHES may only be used when booking has been made.
10. PRACTICE PITCHES may be used for informal games when not required by a club or organisation having made a booking.
11. EQUIPMENT and fixtures on the Sports Ground are only to be used for the purposes for which they are provided. WSGMC accept no responsibility for injury resulting from misuse. The cost of any damage resulting from misuse will be recovered from those responsible. Clubs leaving equipment on the Sports Ground, do so at their own risk, including damage or injury to third parties.
12. THESE regulations may be amended at any time.
If you would like to help with the project, please contact any member of the Board of Directors or telephone The Sports Ground Site Office - 01963 31815.
If you wish to book a pitch, or organise an event on the Sports Ground, please contact the Booking Secretary, or leave a message at the Site Office.
WINCANTON SPORTS GROUND MANAGEMENT COMPANY
All Facilities are available for hire by Teams, Individuals,
Clubs or Commercial Organisations